Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday, July 20, 2012

Well, I have tried to get pictures to the blog and can't seem to do it from Picassa.  Any ideas?
Got that problem solved so moving forward.


Today started very early, before 6, so I could get organized before Ralph picked me up at 7:45.
Nice breakfast, settled morning.
I set up some of the activities I brought from home when I got to school.
I taught from 8:30 - 5:30 and we got a lot accomplished.  I'm tired but can settle into this routine.

Most of the students speak English.  Only 4 had someone else talk for them during our sharing, but they understand most English.  They are very positive, happy, eager students, just like my group back home.
After lunch, at home, we have a quiet time before we start the afternoon. I asked them this morning if they would like to do that and it was unanimous.  They can sit or lie down, but are resting and quiet for about 15 minutes.  They really got into it.  As I sat watching them, and looking outside the windows, I found it unbelievable that here I am half way around the world, in a different culture, in a different training program and it is just the same.  What a fantastic opportunity this is.  I will soak in every minute.
A beautiful, simple focus point to start Sensorial:
flowers from the garden, shells from FL, a beautiful
candle, a sharing stone, and some lavender oil.

Rest time after lunch, at least during Sensorial.
Matthew was the only one who continued into Math.
He had it down to a science. :-)

Walking the "Maze" was a big hit.

Exploring the properties of the Knobless Cylinders.

























































Ralph dropped me off after school and I rested a bit.  Then I ventured out to a 7-Eleven a block away and stopped at the restaurant in the hotel to get supper. I had lunch with the students, who ordered out and got us basic chicken, vegetable and rice dishes.  It was accompanied by a hot broth in a thermos.  It was just delicious, but I need my water, too.  All drinks are room temperature or above.  They believe cold drinks with ice are not good for your body.

 I don't think I'll make it much longer.  It's 9:00 and I'm fading.  Another successful, event-filled day in Hong Kong.  Has it only been 3 days?  Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment