Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday July 26, 2012

My goodness, sight-seeing and staying up a little later have done me in.  We had a great day and finished up the Sensorial part of my teaching.  It was supposed to be finished Tues. but the storm took away some time. We had a nice closing to that part with songs, stories and some gifts.

We had a delicious lunch of chicken and potatoes in broth, rice, and steamed cabbage, and as usual from this restaurant, hot soup.  You basically drink a whole thermos with your lunch.  They take chicken or pork and some vegetables and cook it for about 2 hours and strain it so you only drink the broth.  It is delicious and seems so healthy.  I don't know how I will eat when I get back.  These foods make me feel very good.  Maybe I can get an authentic Chinese cookbook and/or hire a native Chinese to cook me meals.

We started Math this afternoon.  I present for about two hours and then, in groups, they practice all they saw.  We are also getting the school set up for the MACTE accreditation visit on Saturday.  A busy day and still raining on and off.  Came home, had dinner, watched some TV, soaked my tired feet and am off to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment