Friday, July 27, 2012

Good evening to all.  I had an excellent day of teaching math.  We are getting the school and training program ready for an accreditation visitor tomorrow.  She will evaluate the course by checking files, talking to students and staff, and checking Montessori materials.  I think they will do well.  Things are looking very good and professional.

Spent some time tonight sorting out pictures.  I'm trying to go day by day.  These were some of the 50 I took on the 1st day 7/18.
Ralph, the director of the school and training program and his 8 year old son,  Ranen, took me around to many places all day.  We started with a delicious lunch atop a building on Kowloon Island, then we rode the Star Ferry to Hong Kong Island and went to the Museum of History and to a very high look-out called the Peak.  Afterward, we joined Elizabeth, the teacher before me, and the students for a farewell/welcome dinner. 
Deep fried mashed shrimp and cuttlefish balls & pan-fried pancakes with chives and dried ham


Beautiful chandelier at restaurant.  Chahuly?
 There are some like it at the  Bellagio in Las Vegas.

Heading to the Museum of History

Ranen and I at the Early Humans Exhibit

Bun Mountain story

Bun Mountain

Ranen and I took the "Star Ferry" across Victoria Harbor to Hong Kong Island
Ralph drove around to meet us.

Star Ferry

Could have taken a Chinese Junk instead - great tourist attraction!

Starting up on the drive to the Peak.

At Peak - spectacular views of the islands.  Hazy day.

Whole class after delicious good-bye/welcome dinner with Practical Life teacher and students.



It's a beginning.  I'll keep trying.  Anyway, guess all of you will be watching the opening of the Olympics in 5 hours.  That's 3am here so I will need to see a replay. They say we will see sunshine tomorrow.  Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment