Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hello to all,


We had a very good day, as the evaluator for MACTE came to look at all aspects of the course.  She had come in from Shanghai last night and left tonight.  She watched classes, checked files, interviewed staff and students.  She was very friendly and professional and now works with Martha Monahan, one of the teachers I worked with in Boston back in 1983.  It is such a small world.  Martha has had courses in China for the last 6 years.

The SUN came out today!!!  What a nice treat.  This might be the first full sun since I got here.

You enter the school grounds through the locked gate
straight ahead.  They are the only private school in Hong
Kong that has grass for the playground.  Most have just cement.
This is one tree just outside the door.  It is growing in two
directions and they have built a tree house in the center.


The students worked hard, as they do every
day.  They usually finish practicing the lessons
from the day before, then they present to the
class.  Sometimes that takes all morning, since
there are 19 of them.  After a lunch together,
we go over philosophy from a power point
presentation, I give new lessons for about
two hours and they practice them until 5:30.
A very busy day for all.  I'm ready to come
back to the hotel and relax on teaching days.


Lunch is a community affair.  They order in each day
and we share delicious dishes. 


There is always a great variety of dishes and I have yet to
find one I don't like.  

By the way, I think you can double click on any of the photos to enlarge them.  I will have some signs and things another day that are easier to read that way.  I'm off to bed.  As my expertise evolves, this is getting to be more fun.  By the way, I talked to Mom and Dad on Skype this morning and Dad couldn't believe he could see me.  (We had had some trouble getting online, so this was a first for him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment