Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday, July 29,2012

I have learned how to go back into older blogs and add pictures that pertain to them.  It is slow work but very rewarding. You can go back and see pictures with the words not. If the posts don't go all the way back, click "older posts" in right corner.  I'm only up to the 20th but it is progress.  You can also enlarge any picture by clicking on it.

So, today was sunny all day!! What a treat.  We do not usually know what day it is because we are going straight through for six days on this math course.
Mom called me on Skype this morning without help.  Yeah!!  It's great to talk and see each other.
Karen headed to NH to teach for a week and just recently got back from teaching in SC.  We are the summer nomads.   And that's after teaching full courses at home.  Love what we are doing.

The students are getting into upper math.  They handed in their Sensorial manuals today so I had to check 15 today and will do 4 more tomorrow.  Ralph would like their math manuals in by Tues.  We'll see.

Renee's husband, Angus, picked us up after class and brought me to the hotel.  He works for the largest transport company (like UPS) in China and travels to set up new offices and train personnel.  He just got back from Tokyo yesterday.  Another student knows someone who lives in Celebration and she has been to Disney World as a business partner.  Others have visited or lived in many countries in Asia and around the world.  It is a well traveled group.  Really inspiring me.....

I am hoping I have solved the Chinese food dilemma, as one of the students is trying to get me a cookbook they give their domestic helpers that has detailed instructions.  Then I will get a list of vegetables and spices.  I really want to make the food when I get home.  By the way, Dim Sum is only served at lunch and is a dumpling, stuffed with meat, etc. and then is steamed or fried. In restaurants, they bring them around on a cart and you can choose what you want.  They do not make them at home, since it is too much trouble.  Another challenge  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment